AFFIDAVIT OF ORAN PUGH
ON THE ASSASSINATION OF
PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY
STATE OF TEXAS,
County of Webb, as:
Oran Pugh, being duly sworn, deposes and says that:
1. I am Agent in Charge, United States Customs, Laredo, Texas.
2. Subsequent to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, I received many telephone inquiries from news reporters from various parts of the United States.
3. I do not recall being interviewed by Harold Feldman who I am informed represented the New York Post, nor do I recall being interviewed by any person identifying himself as being employed by the "Nation Magazine."
4. In any event, all information supplied by me to news reporters was not based upon my personal knowledge; rather, all such information was supplied to me by my assistant, William Kline.
5. I recall having advised news reporters of the following information:
(a) United States citizens are not required to register or check-in with the Immigration and Naturalization Service either on entry to or exit from Mexico.
(b) Lee Harvey Oswald checked into the United States Public Health Service, International Bridge, Laredo, Texas, upon his re-entry into the United States in October 1963.
(c) The Immigration and Naturalization Service does not presently have, nor has it ever maintained a file containing information concerning Oswald's trip to Mexico in 1963.
(d) The Immigration and Naturalization Service maintained a file with respect to Oswald's visit to the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, and his return to the United States together with his wife and child.
Signed this 26th day of August 1964.
(S) Oran Pugh,